Announcement Regarding the Application of Short‐Term Overseas Studies Subsidy for Spring Semester 2016
I. The matters are conducted pursuant to the National Chengchi University Short‐Term Overseas Studies Subsidy Guidelines and the Implementation Details.
- The applicant shall be a student officially enrolled in the National Chengchi University (here after NCCU).
- ROC nationals and applicants who have a registered address in the ROC shall have priority in the application for the subsidy.
- The applicant's foreign language proficiency shall meet the National Chengchi University Language Requirements for Applying Short‐Term Overseas Studies Subsidy.
- Only undergraduate applicants who rank top 30% or above in the class are eligible to apply.
- Only students who have been nominated by the Office of International Cooperation (here after OIC) or their respective colleges or departments for the exchange program, or those who applied to overseas universities by themselves and have been granted the admission for Spring Semester 2016
- (February to July, 2016) may apply for the subsidy.
III. Application Period: October 20 to November 19, 2015.
IV. Required Documents
- The application form
- Academic transcript
- Class Ranking certificate (only applicable to undergraduate students)
- Study proposal
- The original and a photocopy of the letter of acceptance from the host university (the original copy will be returned to the student after review; exchange students who do not received the letter of acceptance shall print the admission list with the seal of the issuing office on the list as proof)
- A valid foreign language proficiency certificate
- Other documents beneficial for the review of qualifications
V. Application Procedure:
- Complete the application form.
- Sign the form and ask your department / graduate institute for the approval seal and the chairperson’s signature. Graduate students should also ask for the advisor's signature.
- Submit the application form along with the required documents to OIC which is located on the 8th floor of the Administration Building by 5pm, Oct. 19, 2015.
- Students applying for exchange to universities in Mainland China are not qualified to apply for the subsidy.
- All applicants should submit the transcript up to Spring 2015 while undergraduate applicants should also submit the class ranking certificate up to Spring 2015 in addition.
- Students receiving the subsidy shall take and pass a minimum of six (6) credits each semester (or academic quarter) during the study aboard period. They shall still be enrolled in NCCU during that time and pay tuition to NCCU.
- Procedures and regulations regarding the transfer of credits earned ata foreign university can be found on the Office of Academic Affairs' website. Relevant processes shall be completed at the student's department or graduate school prior to the departure.
VII. Further inquiries, please contact Ms. Rita Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
VIII. Further Information:
- ‧National Chengchi University Short‐Term Overseas Studies Subsidy Guidelines http://184.108.40.206//oicweb/ruletablefile/ruleE/1429848100589_201504240004.pdf
- National Chengchi University Short‐Term Overseas Studies Subsidy Guidelines Implementation Details http://220.127.116.11//oicweb/ruletablefile/ruleE/1445230249652_OICLAWE0001.pdf
- National Chengchi University Language Requirements for Applying Short‐Term Overseas Studies Subsidy http://oic.nccu.edu.tw/ezfiles/0/1000/img/4/LanguageProficiencyENG2015.pdf
- Application Form for Short-Term Overseas Studies Subsidy of Spring Semester 2016 http://oic.nccu.edu.tw/ezfiles/0/1000/img/4/StudyPlanENG2015.doc